Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Getting settled in

Well hello, friends and family!

For those of you who wish to follow my life's every move...wish granted! I started a blog! Now the mundane aspects of my life can be shared with everyone :)


Honestly, I felt this was a great way to keep in touch with those people far away. And being as I just moved to Denver, away from nearly ALL of my friends and family, that means you are all included in that list. Though I was already told that a blog is in no way replacement for phone calls (ahem, Stephanie...), so you'll still get to hear my lovely voice.


To catch you up, I've recently moved to Denver to attend grad school at Denver University, pursuing my master's degree in International & Intercultural Communications. I hope these courses will prepare me for work in the fields of international non-profit, marketing, or education. So here goes!
I've moved into a house close to the DU campus with two other roommates, and they are both fabulous. One of them is from Northwest's rival school...but we'll let that one slide. For now. It is a bit of a change going from my own apartment to sharing again, but it is nice to have people around!
Mom and Dad were great to make the drive with me to Denver and make sure I was all settled in. And by settled in, I mean that all of my boxes were out of the trailer and on the curb. (Just kidding, they were great!) The weekend was spent unpacking, organizing, unpacking, organizing, and getting lost. Several times. A great unexpected surprise - an Aussie friend who lives in L.A. was in town for the weekend, so we got to catch up. So much fun! Now it is on to running all those errands that need to be taken care of - DMV, insurance, etc. Then on the job hunt. Again.
Updates and pictures to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment