Thursday, August 26, 2010

Snuffy Debate

So Snug Run was eventful tonight... not only was it stinkin' hot, but a hot debate struck up on the patio after the sticky spaghetti and smashed garlic bread were consumed:

Snuffleupagus: Imaginary friend or not?

We all agree that he's Big Bird's friend, but some people feel strongly that he was Big Bird's imaginary friend. Others, like myself, feel strongly that he was never imaginary. Honestly, the thought never crossed my mind until tonight!

SO I throw it out to you, O blogger friends, what is your vote? Wikipedia has its own ideas, but I'm not entirely sure I believe them. I trust my friends over someone else's iPhone. But, after all, I did think that Sesame Street was on all day every day growing up (when in reality, we only watched TV when it was on), so I might not be the smartest at Sesame Street trivia.

Yes, this is what grad students talk about when school is not in session :)

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I've never heard that either. However, did any other characters ever talk to him besides Big Bird? I think that Oscar did! Wasn't Oscar's can right outside Snuffy's house? WOW, this is giving me a brain cramp. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So not too long ago I actually had a similar discussion with my co-workers (that is what happens when you work with children). And they were trying to convince me that he was imaginary, but I didn't remember that...maybe we need to do a little Sesame Street watching! I'm going to go see what wikipedia said...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think maybe he was imaginary at first and then in the newer/later shows he was real. I seem to recall seeing a few episodes where only Big Bird could see him...obviously I'm older than you (or have watched A LOT more Sesame Street)!!! Now I'm curious what wikipedia said too :)

    ReplyDelete