Saturday, September 18, 2010

One down, Nine to go

Weeks of school, that is! Not that I'm keeping track or anything... I officially made it through my first week! It is tough getting back in the routine of reading and writing, but hopefully it won't take long as I have a paper due next week... Some highlights:

Gender & Development: Seems like an interesting class! As the professor put it, "Gender as a topic, as long as the teacher doesn't kill it, can keep nearly everyone awake during the 2 o'clock slump." Good! Because the class is from 2 - 5

Financial Management for Non-Profits: Taught by the CFO of WFP! Nice to know the professor starting out. I may actually learn something about non-profits other than just being thrown in :)

Communication & Collaboration: First off, this class is from 6 - 10 p.m. on Thursdays which not only eliminates Snug Run for the quarter, but also requires some caffeine as I am not a night owl, and DEFINITELY not a night owl that can co-exist with PhD students and sound somewhat coherent without some caffeinated assistance. This class will be, um, interesting. Our professor said, "I have no attendance requirement. I hope you all come most of the time. Otherwise I just feel like an asshole." Now you're speaking my language. Let's keep 7-syllable words out of this.

Now, as suspected, I should go read. After all, I have a paper due next week. Ugh. Back to the world of deliberative democracy and epistemological egalitarianism. (Maybe this quarter's theme will be alliteration, rather than 7-syllable words?)

No comments:

Post a Comment