Sunday, April 17, 2011

Welp, here we go!

I waited over three months for this... the first day of work. Dun dun dunnnn... Everyone asks, "are you nervous?" "No, I'm just excited!" I reply. Which was the truth. Until now. Dang. I had even myself fooled for a while! So yes, I AM nervous, but excited, too. Really. (Yes, really.)


This last week of freedom has been great - I should have gotten a job sooner! (Yes, for many more reasons than those about to come. I know.) Without the IHAVETOJOBSEARCH24/7 mentality this week I was able to do all sorts of fun things. I made some Easter crafts, as you all know. Used my spa gift certificate from Travis for a massage and a brow wax. (They were bad, eek.) Took myself out to lunch. (Just at Panera, but still.) Travis took me out to an awesome celebratory seafood dinner where the waiter overheard us talking about how I L-O-V-E chocolate, and Travis doesn't... so the waiter brought me my own triple-chocolate dessert. He got a good tip :) (At least I hope Travis tipped him well!) Went out for celebratory drinks with a friend from school and was given a free beer by the bartender. (Who, by the way is from Toad Suck, Arkansas. How unfortunate.) And today I went with my roommate to see her friend who is training for her massage license - and she needs to practice.  Second massage of the week... too much? Naaah...

It is going to take time to get myself into a work routine again! Yes, I still got up early every day, but I didn't have to decide what to wear! Or iron. Ah well, we all have to become big kids some time. (Again.)

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! You will be a wonderful addition to Global Links!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOPE you had an awesome first day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you are a busy working woman now but I would appreciate an update about how the job is going since you arent on facebook and you dont answer my calls (ok, maybe I havent called, but that doesnt mean I dont want an update) And further more, I just typed all of this with one hand...kinda awkward
    Briana

    ReplyDelete