Monday, February 13, 2012

brrr

Day 12 - Old Fisherman's Wharf at Monterey Bay

Day 13 - view from my hotel in San Fran


And a few more pictures from my day of adventure. Though it hasn't been the best of weather (read: chilly and rainy), at least it is nice to be by the water. Is it lake house season, yet??




Now you KNOW I have high standards for zoos and aquariums, and I of course had to check out the Monterey Bay Aquarium. And it did not disappoint - totally worth it. They have such a neat indoor/outdoor set up. Unfortunately the otters were sleeping (I really like otters), but other than that, awesome.

(I'm not sure I'd ever seen a live sand dollar before!)



The aquarium is in an old sardine canning factory on "Cannery Row". Really neat use of the space!


(brr)


1 comment:

  1. The aquarium pic with the big school of fish is SO cool. Omaha needs something like that.

    ReplyDelete