Monday, March 25, 2013

Jamaican Bobsled Team

A weekend in the mountains was the perfect way to spend a snowy Spring weekend. After all, if it is going to snow, you'd might as well be in the mountains! A few girlfriends and I rented a house up near Alma for the weekend and headed up there on Friday afternoon. 

The house looked like it was inside of a winter wonderland snowglobe - gorgeous! If only we could get there... On our way up the driveway Kim's car slid back down a few times. Until the last time when it firmly wedged itself between a tree and a snowbank. Dang. Enter AAA

Here Kim is saying, "You take the keys. I'm not getting back in there."

This is Kim snowshoeing up the driveway toward the house. Ahh, yes, that is why the car couldn't make it up!


Tow truck rescuers! As I took this photo I said "Give me 30 minutes and this will be on the internet." About two hours later that night the phone at the house rang. AAA calling to see how our service was? Nope. Tow truck driver calling to see if the picture was on the internet and if we would send him the link. I wish I was kidding. But alas, 'tis true. 

Ahh, finally inside! Time for some wine and fabulous food. 

Saturday = tubing at Frisco Adventure Park! We were the only people there without children. And it was awesome.

The best part? You don't even have to walk back up the hill - you just stand on the magic carpet with your tube. Sledding for lazy adults. Awesome!

Video proof that we survived "The Widow-maker"

The Jamaican Bobsled Team

Much love from the Rockies!

No comments:

Post a Comment