Sunday, April 14, 2013

A picnic and peanut sauce. Good combo.

I've been blaming Kim Jong-Un for all of my problems this past week, so I'm blaming him for my blog post slacking, too. With 33 students currently in south Korea and 20 in Japan (where his missile may fly over), that is a lot of concerned parents. Eeek.

Anyhoo, it was great to relax this weekend and to make it even better, Phil was in town! Saturday was a great day for a picnic in the park followed by ridiculous amounts of sushi Yum.

Also, this past week I came across this delish recipe for Thai chicken enchiladas. The enchiladas in their own right are delicious, but I have become slightly, okay, mildly, okay ridiculously obsessed with the peanut sauce. http://www.closetcooking.com/2010/07/thai-spicy-peanut-chicken-enchiladas.html

Not only did I devour the enchiladas, I mixed the sauce with some tuna, avocado, and tomatoes for some awesome lettuce wraps, and most recently, used this recipe from Pioneer Woman and ditched her sauce recipe (which she claims "makes the dish") in lieu of my peanut sauce dressing. And I'm not the least bit sorry! http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/03/my_most_favorite_salad_ever_ever_ever_ever/

More snow in the forecast this week. Snow and a (projected) missile launch... Bring on the week! Much love from the Rockies!









1 comment: