Yes, yes, here comes another post raving about how much fun I had at the Burwell rodeo this year. But here's the thing, I had SO. MUCH. FUN.
I brought along Sarah and Ilana this year (because they had to experience the rodeo first-hand!) and we headed out of town at about noon on Friday. (Yes, I took a 1/2 day vacation on the very last day of my job...) We went straight to the rodeo grounds to meet the family and I was told that Dad was going to meet us outside with the tickets. Only instead of Dad I saw DANIELLE FROM NEW JERSEY!! She flew in to Omaha and drove out with my parents as a surprise for my birthday and, I assure you, I was COMPLETELY surprised! It took a while to sink in, and I can't believe that so many people kept this a secret for such a long time! Well played, all.
Commence photo-essay, Burwell 2013 :)
We got to sit in the fancy schmancy box seats this year which means that we are RIGHT near the action! Which also means that you may be the unknowing recipient of the rodeo clown's joke...
Feeling beyond lucky to have such wonderful people in my life. What a way to close out my 20's!
I brought along Sarah and Ilana this year (because they had to experience the rodeo first-hand!) and we headed out of town at about noon on Friday. (Yes, I took a 1/2 day vacation on the very last day of my job...) We went straight to the rodeo grounds to meet the family and I was told that Dad was going to meet us outside with the tickets. Only instead of Dad I saw DANIELLE FROM NEW JERSEY!! She flew in to Omaha and drove out with my parents as a surprise for my birthday and, I assure you, I was COMPLETELY surprised! It took a while to sink in, and I can't believe that so many people kept this a secret for such a long time! Well played, all.
Commence photo-essay, Burwell 2013 :)
We got to sit in the fancy schmancy box seats this year which means that we are RIGHT near the action! Which also means that you may be the unknowing recipient of the rodeo clown's joke...
If this isn't relaxing, I don't know what is
E is reading the tractor literature, of course
"Adult parade candy"
Action shot - look closely and you can see the bag of popcorn in the air :)
Abby and I rode the ferris wheel!
Close to the action also means that your long-awaited brisket nachos may get showered in dirt/sand/manure as the horses run by :( And yes, I still ate them
Love that hat hair, E!
Dancing well in to the night...
Feeling beyond lucky to have such wonderful people in my life. What a way to close out my 20's!


























No comments:
Post a Comment