Saturday, January 2, 2010

To 2010...and BEYOND!

Well, New Year's Eve was a night of extremes.... Extreme posh at the Ritz Carlton hotel where we spent the majority of the evening. Extreme dive bar where we went after the Ritz. (Sorry, Travis. I know it is your old stompin' ground but it was a bit dodgy.) Extreme cold as we tried to find a cab. Extreme tasty burrito that we somehow got from a random guy off the street. (Very smart move, I'm sure.) And finally, extreme relief when The Cab from Heaven showed up out of no where. Why, YES, sir, we would like a ride home! All in all a great way to ring in the new year!

And what better way to continue the festivities then to go see Zoo Lights on New Year's Day. The lights were amazing and the animals were actually pretty active. Our toes did freeze a few times, but luckily they had some buildings open for us to thaw. I think the flamingo lights were my favorite, and Travis was a fan of the octopus. Why, I'm still really not sure....



Now off to the DU Hockey game to cheer on the Pioneers!

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous...We never made it to the zoo lights this year (even though it was on our to-do list)!!

    ReplyDelete