Because I am a "privileged academic scholar", as my professor refers to us, (HA!) I get the opportunity to learn all sorts of ridiculous new words that will never be used in real-life situations. I feel that it is my duty to pay it forward and share this knowledge with friends and family, much like Word of the Day toilet paper. Our lesson for today:
Narrativazation - the production of coherent stories out of the accidents and vicissitudes of history
Ideological Interpellation - the positioning of subjects by institutional discourses or by the ruling ideology
Performativity - the linguistic production of identity through acts of naming that draw upon, but are not necessarily determined by, sedimented repertoires of social and cultural conventions
Reify - NOT A REAL WORD!
Here is the quote of the day: When referring to your own 'whiteness'... "Once we view power spatially, a rearticulation of the space of the assemblage is a counterhegemonic move."
With that said, does anyone know where I can actually get Word of the Day toilet paper?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

"Privileged academic scholar"...so funny
ReplyDelete