Friday, April 30, 2010

Up in the air

I feel that there are a lot of things up in the air right now... I'm trying to make decisions for my future, but there is nothing concrete for me to base it on!

For example,
Do I want to renew my lease at Marion St. for another year? Depends on -
When will I graduate? Depends on -
Will I be able to participate in the El Salvador program this winter? Depends on -
Do I get an interview? Do I get accepted? Will the program get cancelled (due to security reasons or others)? If I get accepted, can I afford it? Depends on -
Am I chosen for a scholarship? Depends on -
Is my financial need greater than others', and is my essay the best? If not -
Do I still go? (If I am accepted) Or do I stay and take two more quarters of classes? Which will ultimately effect...
Whether or not I renew my lease for another year. Sheesh.

And on and on...

3 comments:

  1. This is an easy decision I believe. You have to go to El Salvador. And that is what student loans are for. You only go to grad school once. THEREFOR even if you don't don't get a scholarship you can still travel. How many more opportunities will you have like this?!?! THEN if you don't get accepted you can travel somewhere else!!! You can save your "Steph thats brilliant" comments for later :)

    Edum

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha - Thanks, dearest Edum! It is an easy decision... you are brilliant! But I do have to cross my fingers that I get accepted to the El Salvador program - 10 spots - still an application process and interview to master. Crossing my fingers for a lot lately, it seems :) Miss you heaps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you just need to go get some ice cream :) That seems to solve all problems at our house...although my rice milk ice cream doesn't seem to have quite the same effect...

    Lori

    ReplyDelete