Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I feel like mowing some stripes!

Got to spend the day on the golf course today for a WFP event! It was an awesome day but I must admit, it made me miss good ol' Champions. I felt an urge to mow a green and make some stripes! Marth, Erin, I'm sure you understand :) The event was at Sanctuary which is an AWESOME golf course that is solely for non-profit and charity fund raising events. And raise funds we did! Well over a quarter of a million dollars for the organization. Pretty cool idea for a golf course. WOW look at that view!

Pretty nice backdrop for golf - no wonder Golf Digest rates it in their top 100 most beautiful courses. This is before the storm moved in and we had to stop because of lightening. That was a pretty cool show, too!
Events are exhausting! Sheesh, how on earth did I used to do this all the time? Was I crazy?

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful course.

    A quarter of a million dollars! That's great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, maybe I can help. I just mowed my yard at 6:30pm on this blistery sunday afternoon, with the beautiful 98 degree weather, which is 115 degree heat index...not smart on my part, but I was not left a lot of options, turns out it is going to be this hot for the next several days...moral of the story, don't miss mowing too much, and if you do, my yard could really use you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we finally get to mow our yard...not gonna lie, feels pretty good to mow. :) And, oddly enough, I miss mowing at 5:30am. Or earlier...yikes!

    ReplyDelete