Saturday, September 15, 2012

the glorification of busy

Friday was a tough day. I think I had convinced myself  that work would slow down IF I could just get through July... IF I could just through August... IF I could just get back from Dublin... IF I could just get all of my students off to their schools...

Welp, all that has happened. (And then some - anyone else tracking the Super Typhoon in S. Korea right now? Super typhoons are super fun, let me tell you.) And things haven't slowed down. And this, my friends, hit me on Friday afternoon... that I've been making justifications for the past three months now. And if this happens again during the start of the Spring semester, we're talking at least 1/2 of the year that I'm hanging on by a thread. Hmmm. It is really hard for me to admit when a job is too much for me (hello, zoo!), but I think I need to cowboy(girl) up and just do it. I'm not planning on quitting or looking for another job, but I am planning on waiving my metaphorical white flag, marching in to my boss's office, and telling her all of these things. (You're probably all shocked to learn that I haven't talked to her about this yet, aren't you?) So I'll put on my big girl panties and do it! On Friday, that is, because tomorrow I'm off for a week of study abroad fairs in Iowa. wooooo, Iowa.

Today I have been horribly lazy. I've been packing and cleaning, which actually means I've been watching Lifetime movies and Pinteresting. Which is where I came across these beauts...



2 comments: