Well a huge milestone passed in my "change everything in my life" plan - my last day at YouthBiz was on Friday! I was terrified to tell them that I was leaving so soon after starting the job but they accepted the news quite graciously, and for that I am thankful. (It is hard to argue against moving back to family!) Because there are so many things to sort out before I leave I decided to give myself a couple of weeks without work to check things off of the list. (Dentist, eye doctor, travel immunizations, Brazilian visa, packing the apartment, renting the apartment, job search in Omaha, meet up with friends, etc.)
The cat is out of the bag and most people's reaction when they hear the news is along the lines of, "What?!? I didn't even know you were thinking of moving home?" And of course there are those, "WHY would you leave here for Nebraska?" reactions. Which I get. Because I can't expect people to understand, especially if I can't explain it well. As in,
I'm happy to be moving home, but sad to be leaving Denver. I'm happy to be back by friends and family, but I'll miss my friends here dearly. I'm excited to return to the place a grew up, but sad to leave the city I've come to love. I can't wait to be closer to my nieces and nephews, but I'm gutted to leave the mountains. I love wide open spaces, but what about my mountain hikes? I'm excited for new beginnings and terrified of starting over, again. I've changed these past few years, but I'm still a Nebraska girl at heart. And now a Colorado girl, too.
Hm. No wonder people give me that confused look.
So thank you, Pinterest, for summing up my feelings so nicely:
So the countdown has begun, and I'll have to find a new tag line. But until then, much love from the Rockies!
The cat is out of the bag and most people's reaction when they hear the news is along the lines of, "What?!? I didn't even know you were thinking of moving home?" And of course there are those, "WHY would you leave here for Nebraska?" reactions. Which I get. Because I can't expect people to understand, especially if I can't explain it well. As in,
I'm happy to be moving home, but sad to be leaving Denver. I'm happy to be back by friends and family, but I'll miss my friends here dearly. I'm excited to return to the place a grew up, but sad to leave the city I've come to love. I can't wait to be closer to my nieces and nephews, but I'm gutted to leave the mountains. I love wide open spaces, but what about my mountain hikes? I'm excited for new beginnings and terrified of starting over, again. I've changed these past few years, but I'm still a Nebraska girl at heart. And now a Colorado girl, too.
Hm. No wonder people give me that confused look.
So thank you, Pinterest, for summing up my feelings so nicely:
So the countdown has begun, and I'll have to find a new tag line. But until then, much love from the Rockies!



No comments:
Post a Comment