Tuesday, September 8, 2009

3 day weekend - WOO!

I hope everyone enjoyed the long weekend! It sounds like my fam enjoyed themselves at the lake house, and I must admit, I wish I could have been there! A bit of cabin/boat time would do wonders to get my mind off work. Oh, that's right, I've only been working for a week... I'll try to keep the whining to a minimum. This weekend was a quiet weekend at 2190! Both of my roommates jetted off to various events out 0f state, so I was left all by my lonesome. But don't worry, I managed to find things to do.

This weekend was Taste of Colorado (NOT taste of Denver, as someone kindly pointed out to me) downtown. Had some great buffalo burgers, listened to some mediocre live Irish music, and did some fantastic people-watching!
Aaaand off for a hike on Monday. And yes, it kicked my butt. I thought I was going for an easy hike/walk with this nice guy whom I had bonded with over multiple Australearn study abroad stories. (There's your shout-out, Travis.) Little did I know, he was trying to kill me with a lack of oxygen at a high altitude. (Geeze, if you were tired of my stories you could have just told me so.) Fortunately for me, I survived. And let me tell you, a Subway sandwich has never tasted so good as that one at 12,400 feet high. Next up, a 14-er? Well...maybe. Let me recover a little first...

No comments:

Post a Comment