After quite a while upstairs Heidi and I thought, "Gee, it has been a long time. Do you think they'll start the t-shirt awards soon?" We went down to check. Everything was cleaned up. We questioned the staff and they said, "oh yea, we did that a while ago. Where were you guys?" We were upstairs, thank you very much! With many other runners! "Oh right", they said, "our speaker didn't work today, so you couldn't hear anything." We were then taken to the back room and unceremoniously tossed our t-shirts.
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Finally!
Finally - after 10 Sung Runs Heidi and I had hit the run quota to receive our much-anticipated Snug Run t-shirt! (Which, we all know, is the only reason anyone does any sort of race in the first place.) It was stinkin' hot on Thursday and I was pretty sure I would be sweating all the way until Friday, so were were stoked when we got a table upstairs on the patio (where we pretended there was a breeze). The spaghetti sauce was particularly terrible that day and held a shocking resemblance to the gulf oil spill, but who cares, we were going to get our names called, receive our t-shirt, and get our picture taken to be immortalized on the Snug website! Or so we thought.
After quite a while upstairs Heidi and I thought, "Gee, it has been a long time. Do you think they'll start the t-shirt awards soon?" We went down to check. Everything was cleaned up. We questioned the staff and they said, "oh yea, we did that a while ago. Where were you guys?" We were upstairs, thank you very much! With many other runners! "Oh right", they said, "our speaker didn't work today, so you couldn't hear anything." We were then taken to the back room and unceremoniously tossed our t-shirts.Not as exciting as we had hoped. But we did take a picture when we got back to Sarah's. Take that, Snug Run! (Just kidding, Snug Run, I still love you.)
Running aside, this weekend was spent helping T-dizzle paint the roof of his parent's deck. It was the underside of the roof, so it was in the shade, but it also meant that we spent hours looking straight up and now have permanent cricks in our necks! Those several hours were also "bonding", I suppose. I tolerated car talk radio, he tolerated country music, we both listened to the (last!) US World Cup game, and we discovered that we are equally terrified of wasps. You know what really ticks them off? Being sprayed with oven cleaner in lieu of wasp spray. Yup, they hate that.
After quite a while upstairs Heidi and I thought, "Gee, it has been a long time. Do you think they'll start the t-shirt awards soon?" We went down to check. Everything was cleaned up. We questioned the staff and they said, "oh yea, we did that a while ago. Where were you guys?" We were upstairs, thank you very much! With many other runners! "Oh right", they said, "our speaker didn't work today, so you couldn't hear anything." We were then taken to the back room and unceremoniously tossed our t-shirts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment