Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The official start of summer!

What a busy, but fun, Memorial Day weekend! Quite the weekend in Boulder...I'll let the pictures do the talking as there are quite a few of them. Well, that's a lie. I'll still talk a little bit. Here we go:

Friday: Rehearsal dinner then karaoke, of course.
Saturday: Travis and I went on a hike up the Flatirons. We hiked up that tall one that is cut off in the picture. It was tougher than I imagined! (May have had something to do with a few glasses of wine the night before??)

Pretty amazing views

HUGE rock slide

And on to... beer-in-hand kickball with the wedding party! REALLY entertaining - you had to stop and fill up your beer glass at 2nd base


Pretty fabulous outfits, too!

Sunday - wedding time! Great group of people - here are the "abandoned" ladies that were left to fend for themselves

Gorgeous wedding site

Vows

We clean up nicely, doncha think?

Monday: And a mere few hours later...on to the BolderBoulder race! Here are Sarah and I victorious after crossing the finish line.

Over 53,000 runners made this the largest road race in the country. Wow. Highlights of the course included the belly dancers, the Elvis impersonator, the slip n' slide set up in some one's yard, the people handing out free bacon to the runners, and the 2K marshmallows that were thrown to you as you ran by. FUN!

Team IIC! Sarah, myself, Marlena, Heidi, and Jen - all ladies from my program at school

Ended with a Memorial Day celebration in the stadium.

Great weekend! Now I'm OFFICIALLY done with school for the summer and heading to O-town for a few days. Can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great weekend. The second photo (the one of you and Travis on your hike) is awesome!

    ReplyDelete