Monday, October 25, 2010

It caught me

...the school funk, that is. (No, not the disco-type funk.) I realized this when I emerged from my dungeon on Saturday after writing all day and it was already dark outside. Wow, I didn't even SEE the daylight, much less spend any time in it! I secretly hoped I had out-smarted the school funk this quarter. Shoot. But getting close to the end! (Which, coincidentally, is what keeps me going AND elevates my stress level.)

Sunday Travis and I decided to go for a hike. All work and no sunlight makes Jill cranky. It was gorgeous in Denver, but as we drove to the mountains the wind picked up, the temp dropped drastically, and the snowflakes appeared. No hike for us!

The view as we drove directly INTO the clouds, wind, and snow.
So what to do instead? Why, play some slots, of course! We headed to Central City, AKA gambling central in the mountains, and got ourselves some warm lunch and plopped in front of the penny slots. I lost $8.00, but Travis may have come out about even! Not bad for a drab, chilly day.
Supposedly it is dumping snow on the mountains right now... people here are excited! I'm not quite ready for it yet. BUT if I remember correctly this is about the time last year that we got covered in snow here in Denver, so I'm thankful that we haven't had a repeat of that, yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment