Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Just call me the squeaky wheel

Looks like I'm going to Costa Rica! Funny, I was just venting to Katie yesterday about the fact that I had received no response to my e-mails OR voice mails to the program administrator. Katie's response? "If I were her I wouldn't call you back either, Jill. You're terrifying when you're mad!" Well, maybe so, but SHE doesn't know that!

Anyway, I still received no responses to my attempts at communication, but did receive an e-mail yesterday congratulating me on my acceptance to the Costa Rica Program. Okay... I guess that will do! (I probably took someone else's spot...and I feel a tad bad about that. But not bad enough to decline the offer!) Looks like I'll be buying a plane ticket today... Anyone want to take a few days vaycay to Central America right before Christmas? Looking to extend my trip a few days and soak up as much sun, I mean, culture, as I can :)


On an un-related note, last Sunday was the Denver Rock & Roll Marathon! Travis and I went to cheer on all my friends that were more ambitious than we were. We were actually kinda chilly standing there with our large Starbucks watching people run by at 7 a.m. :)

Anne and Mara excited at Mile 7

A early-morning view of Denver from City Park

Anne and Mara... SO close at mile 26! They rocked it and finished in a MUCH faster time that I could ever hope for.

Several IICers ran the 1/2 marathon, too! We looked for them, but it's hard to pick people out in a crowd of thousands. After all, everyone is running. And wearing running gear. Tricky. But congrats to Heidi, Marlena, and Samira for running the 1/2 - you guys are awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment