Today I spent catching up all the odds and ends that were on my to-do list before heading out. Things like print out my plane ticket, buy travel insurance online, and print out the hotel info in San Jose. Of course, our Internet decided to go on the fritz today and, of course, the DU library is still closed for Thanksgiving! So I hoofed it the 50 steps over to Safeway and am currently in their mini-Starbucks hijacking their free wi-fi, not drinking their coffee, and hastily printing any info that I may need to a PDF so I can print when I get back to my place. That's what I get for waiting until the last minute!
Yesterday Travis and I decided to have one more mountain adventure before I left CO for about 2 months... we headed to Estes Park to be tourists and ride the aerial tram. Unfortunately, this is what we were met with... Dang. 
Not to worry, we checked out the creepy Stanley Hotel (where Stephen King was inspired to write The Shining) for a ghost tour.... they were booked full. Dang.

Not to worry, we checked out the creepy Stanley Hotel (where Stephen King was inspired to write The Shining) for a ghost tour.... they were booked full. Dang.

Ah well, we toured a bit ourselves and then checked out the shops. Decided to head back to Denver and watch The Shining because I hadn't seen it before. Also decided that a martini would taste mighty nice before the movie.

Went to a bar down the street and ordered martinis... this is what we got. Apparently they were "out" of martini glasses. Hmm.... did the 1o other people in the bar have them ALL? Hard to feel classy when you have to dig your olives out of a wine glass with your fingers.


No comments:
Post a Comment