Saturday, March 10, 2012

Smell that?

Yup, that. Right there... that's Spring in the air, I do believe! Now these temps in the 70s are just a tease because March in Denver historically brings several storms each dumping 8+ inches of wet, heavy, doesn't-anyone-plow-the-roads-around-here snow. But still... it is in the air.

And I am so ready for it. Warm weather -- sundresses -- flip flops -- flowers blooming -- that ugly pile of brown snow in the parking lot finally melting away -- the smell of Greeley thawing out -- beer on the patio -- sangria on the patio -- margaritas on the patio -- patios in general -- trips to the mountains that don't require snowshoes -- okay, that last one actually doesn't happen until the summer, but still. Just thinking ahead.

And this winter has been tough, if I'm being honest. Lotsa changes [read: singledom] means lotsa adjustments in the life o' Jill. And while I am home on a Saturday night updating my blog (no judging, por favor), I think I'm ready for more. (More money? Well, yes, but that's not what I'm talking about.) I mean really, how is a girl supposed to try out new restaurants (and afore mentioned patios) without a date every now and again? I certainly can't afford  to take myself out to eat all that often! (We already established that I need more money, after all.) So...  here's to Spring.

Day 38 - After our womanly-themed dinner in honor of International Women's Day, Ilana sent us home with leftovers in plastic eggs. Appropriate? 
Day 39 - One benefit to working in Westminster? The views.
Day 40 - A Sangria Sunday. Showing Christine around Denver!
Much love from the Rockies!

No comments:

Post a Comment