I was perhaps a little bit TOO excited when I realized that the Greeley Stampede featured a demolition derby. What's not to love about cars smashing into each other until they can't move any more? Everything about that is fantastic. (Disclaimer - some photos below come courtesy of Mike, who has a much nicer camera and a better photographic eye than I do. If you see him, don't tell him I stole his photos. Promise?)
(who needs a tractor and a chain??)
Not my baby carrier in the background (don't worry, Mom). Mike was a champ and tolerated the 100+ degree heat and my verrrrry slow hobbling with a smile. (Perhaps he was just laughing at me?)
Monday night brings Film on the Rocks with friends from work. Might as well heat up the night a bit more with Ryan Gosling on the big screen :)
Yet another wildfire-induced haze (view from my office parking lot). There are now fires burning outside of Ft. Collins, Estes Park, Boulder, and CO Springs, just to name a few. So sad.
The week-long stretches of 100+ degree weather are definitely not helping the fire situation. Everything is SO dry, and any lightning just starts more blazes. I'm a summer baby but even I'll admit, it is H-O-T. I actually have to put my cereal bowls in the fridge before I eat my breakfast, otherwise the milk turns grossly warm instantaneously. Please Zouchas, can you just move your pool to Denver? Much appreciated :)






No comments:
Post a Comment