Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Chi-town Celebrations

I had such a great time in Chicago visiting Spooze for her birthday! She claimed that she "knew no one" in Chicago, and that there wouldn't be anyone around to celebrate her birthday. The 35+ people who showed up to her party on Saturday prove contrary :)

Commence photo-blog:

Friday night - out to dinner at Carnivale! Even the drink menu is political...

Group shot complete with birthday flan!

Out dancing after dinner. Are we to old to be here? 

 Pre-party shopping and coffee in Lincoln Park!

Aaaand the prep begins.


The early crew

"We need to get a good picture together so I can put in in a frame!" says Suz. This is the result.


Eileen love olives.



Mountbatten Love. 

Time for dancing! Dancing up on the benches? Why not?


Shortly after this we met a group of men on a bachelor party, complete with Jeff Samardzija, Chicago Cubs pitcher. Ya know, no big deal. We also met an entire lacrosse team from Colorado, and a few questionable characters. All in all, a good birthday night :)

And, the aftermath...

Sunday was spent lazing on the couch as one of our party-goers had come down with a stomach bug. Said stomach bug got Suzie on Sunday, but was nice enough to wait until I arrived back to Denver on Monday to hit me.

Mom does truly know best because when we were talking on the phone when I got back to Denver I said that I felt fine, but I was worried I may come down with the bug later. She recommended I buy Gatorade, soup, and crackers just in case. And man, was I glad I had that today :(

Spooze, thanks so much for hosting us all for your birthday! I was so happy to celebrate with you and can't wait until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Was your lacrosse team anything like the rugby team we encountered on the great ocean road?!?! :-)

    ReplyDelete