Thursday, June 6, 2013

Meet me in St. Louis

Last week was a blur of flights, meetings, taxis, receptions, and humid, St. Louis air. I was at the NAFSA conference (international education) where I actually got to meet the people that I've been working with on the other side of the world.

After days packed with meetings came evenings packet with receptions (hosted by different universities, countries, etc.) Only at NAFSA can you say, "I can't come to Australia tonight because I have to swing by Italy and then drop by Ireland and Scotland before I go to Korea" - and it all makes perfect sense. Talking strictly about receptions and parties, of course :)


Just a reception on the 40th floor overlooking the arch... no big deal.

There were some awesome reception venues in downtown St. Louis - I was actually quite impressed! This is the sign for one of the venues... had to wait out the rain so I could dash over to Korea. Seriously. 

City Museum = AWESOME! (http://www.citymuseum.org/site/) 10-floor spiral slide is great fun, especially at the Korea reception, in a dress, after a glass of wine.. when you're already late for a wrap-up meeting. Oops. Totally worth it!

 Meeting up with DU friends!

So happy to meet up with the lovely Laura!

Time for a quick trip to the arch before we had to catch our flights back home!
  
I call this one, "tourist in the wind"

Great trips, but it is nice to be back home for a bit and looking forward to a hike this weekend. Much love from the Rockies!

No comments:

Post a Comment