I'll admit, I was Facebook stalking some friends from school this morning and while looking at the photos from their summer travels/job abroad I got a bit jealous. After all, I wish I could travel over the summer! But then I got to thinking...if I weren't in Denver this summer I would miss out on all the fun things to do here, and, being here over the summer makes me feel like I'm actually settling in, not just biding my time as a student. Here are a couple of things I'm looking forward to this week:
Today: Denver Cruisers ride! (http://www.denvercruisers.com/) A themed, weekly pub crawl on bikes. My roommate Renee is a regular, and I'm finally going to join in the fun tonight.
Thurs: Snug Run, of course. I finally get to wear my t-shirt and look like a pro :)
Fri: Santa Fe Art Walk (http://www.denver.org/what-to-do/shopping/detail?memid=15059) Held the first Friday of each month, and this is the first time I've actually remembered in time. The people-watching is as great, if not better, than the art, I've been told!
Sat: I'm going tubing...Lord help me! I'm used to tubing/canoeing down the Niobrara...but apparently CO tubing involves rapids, waterfalls, and protective shoes. Yikes.
Sun: Fireworks! Personal fireworks are all illegal in Denver, of course, but I was told by Travis that I can buy them because I have an out-of-state license. NOW I see why he keeps me around...
Mon: Hiking with the ladies! A day off must be spent in the mountains.
Tues: Rockies v. STL - bring it on!
So am I still jealous of my jet-setting classmates? Yes and no. Of course, I'll be working in between all of those events. For free. So if you're thinking, "Gee, what a glamorous life Jill is leading," don't. Because I will be broke by the 6th of July and eating Ramen for the rest of the month. Or potatoes. Maybe I'll slice them today. (Lori) :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Tubing! Sounds like so much fun. I expect pictures!
ReplyDelete