Thursday, October 7, 2010

Welp, El Salvador we WOULD have had fun together...

Not the e-mail I wanted to get today:

Hello Everybody,

It is with a heavy heart that I regret to inform you that we have to cancel Project El Salvador. We had another student drop out of the program and with only six students it is not possible to run the program. I recognize that you have been looking forward to this experience and have based your winter interterm plans as well as academic plans on being in El Salvador. I would be happy to talk to any students who would like to explore other winter interterm options. Special programs is running a few different travel courses and I would encourage you if interested to check in with their office regarding those options.
(Hmmm...all the application dates have come and gone by now...)


As the program will not be running, we are cancelling tomorrow’s orientation session and the retreat, as well as all academic sessions. (Oh great, thanks for the update! And I was going to show up...)

I know SOMETHING will work out - I'm going to talk to the program advisor tomorrow. But really, right now I'm just frustrated. And mad. And disappointed. And in need of venting. I was really looking forward to this class/trip. Not the end of the world, I know, but we all need to boo-hoo every once in a while. So thanks for letting me boo-hoo. Can I still graduate in December? Watch this space...

3 comments:

  1. So dumb, so dumb, so dumb, soooooo! So sorry to hear this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh - that totally sucks. It will all work out though - maybe you will find an even better alternative. I hope so.

    If I was there, I'd let you punch me in the shoulder to relieve your frustration. Only one punch though - I bruise easily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Phil, but no need for a punch right now! But I will totally take a rain check for when I may need it :)

    ReplyDelete