Monday, October 14, 2013

r&r

After surviving Bash last weekend I was so glad to have a long weekend to look forward to for a little recharge time. I was planning to visit my Krista in Portland (it just isn't the same without her in Denver!), but planning travel on her boyfriend's flight benefits put me at the mercy of the stand-by gods, and they were not smiling down on us this weekend. Dang. I will have to plan ahead of time for a trip in the very near future, because wine country is calling my name!!

BUT, having Friday and Monday off called for some sort of trip, and luckily there are always tickets available to Omaha. So a last-minute change of plans had me booking a ticket to O-town and hopping on a plane less than 24 hours later. Because why not?

I got to see all of these lovelies:

Everyone hold a baby that's not your own...

I also went with Lori, B, Katie, and kiddos to the Buddy Walk for Down Syndrome - it was a great day for it!
CHEEKS
 Hey B, where did you get that awesome wrap? And that baby?
 The face painting was worth waiting in line!

And luckily I have a mom that shares my affinity for all things shabby-chic, restored, and/or dusty so we headed to Junk Stock to check out all of the "vintage" goods! Dad was lucky that we didn't take the pickup...

Nathan and Alex were at Boyscout campout the whole weekend doing all sorts of boy things. I did get a few laps on the golf cart racetrack with Alex on Sunday, though! 

Thanks for an awesome weekend in Omaha, and much love from the Rockies!

No comments:

Post a Comment