Friday, October 25, 2013

New Adventures Await!

Wow.

Where to start? There are HUGE changes coming up in my life in the coming weeks! Lots of puzzle pieces falling in to place at a quick pace, which I'm choosing to take as a good sign.

#1) I was offered a 3-week fellowship position in Macapa, Brazil to teach English to middle school students! The company is called US-Brazil Connect, and they are based here in Denver. I (of course) accepted and I'll be heading to Brazil the day after Thanksgiving and returning right before Christmas! Which leads to...

#2) Having just started my job at YouthBiz a few months ago I felt that I couldn't in good faith immediately ask for three weeks off, especially during the busiest month for fundraising out of the entire year! After many conversations with myself (mostly during training runs) and many many conversations with loved ones, I came to the decision that it was best that I resign from my position at YouthBiz. Which leads to...

#3) I had been mulling over the idea of relocating back to Omaha to be closer to family and friends and my initial time frame was summer 2014, when the lease on my apartment is up. BUT changes #1 & #2 threw a wrench in these plans for sure, and things shifted up, oh, about 6 months or so. Which means that I'll be packing up my matchbox apartment and moving back to Omaha over the holidays! Well, technically, Mom and Dad will be driving my things across Nebraska while I'm flying down to the equator. When I leave Brazil after the fellowship I'll fly to Omaha instead of back to Denver, and... start again!

This is a LOT for any person to digest over the course of 1 week or so, and as someone who enjoys things planned and organized, these fast changes caused me a few (okay, a lot of) mini-anxiety attacks.

These are all great, exciting changes, but they are all  happening SO. FAST.

More blog posts on each of these topics to come, of course, but I'm exhausted just thinking about it! So I will leave you with these:

Courtesy of Briana!

And this was the reaction when Lori told Ella and Abby-Gab that I'll be moving home:

Melt. My. Heart.

Until next time, much love from the Rockies!

1 comment: