The snow melted in Denver, the leaves are in full fall color, and the highs for the weekend were in the 50's, so what a great time for a fall hike!
Michael and I headed out to Golden Gate Canyon State Park for (what we thought would be an) easy, fall hike. We got a bit more than we bargained for! It is amazing how quickly one can get out of hiking shape, and both Michael and I were huffing and puffing on the uphills. Not the easy stroll through fall leaves that we were prepared for...
It is a bit late in the season to see the fall colors in the mountains, but there were still some hanging on!
Far away the mountains were covered in snow.
...until we made it to the other side of the mountain and our trail turned into this:
SNOWBALL FIGHT! I let my guard down and Michael apparently has awesome aim, because this one lodged right into my ear!
So I got a free shot.
A little over halfway through we made it to Panorama Point (look familiar, B??), but it was so chilly and windy that we had to keep moving quickly to keep feeling in our extremities. Man, the cold side of the mountain was cold!
Another great hike with a good friend, and he was very patient while I talked my way through big changes that will be coming in my life. As a planner I like to have things organized in advance so I can adequately prepare mentally, physically, and emotionally, so when plans change I tend to have mini-anxiety attacks until I begin to wrap my head around it. Fresh mountain air and a friendly listener was just what I needed, so everyone stay tuned for updates soon!!
Much love from the Rockies!
b.jpg)
b.jpg)
b.jpg)
b.jpg)
b.jpg)
b.jpg)
b.jpg)
b.jpg)
b.jpg)
b.jpg)
b.jpg)
b.jpg)
b.jpg)
b.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment