Monday, December 6, 2010

Do you know the way to San Jose?

That's a song, right? Or am I thinking of something else? Anyway, here are a few pictures of day-to-day life in San Jose...

Breakfast - rice and beans, fruit, whatever sort of eggs the hotel decides to cook, and delicioius Costa Rican coffee. Lunch is whatever food the hotel catering staff thinks Americans want to eat (fried chicken, lasagna, etc.). Dinner is usually at a restaurant with rice and seafood (like below), or cup o' noodles from the little grocery store around the corner. Hard to make/store any food without a fridge, and we can make cup o' noodles with the coffee pot. I kind-of thought those days were behind me... guess not!
City of San Jose
The houses and buildings aren't exactly picturesque, but the hills in the background are

$1,100 colones, plus change - I'm rich! Well, not really, it is only about $22 USD. There are 500 colones to 1 USD, and lots of places use them interchangeably.

!Pura Vida!

No comments:

Post a Comment