Yup, I fit one week's worth of stuff in that little tiny backpack - aren't you proud?! When your plans include "disembark bus and walk across the border to Nicaragua" you need to pack light.My friend Mardy and I went to purchase our tickets to Nicaragua today on the tourist bus and ... they were booked until Christmas day. I guess that's what happens in a Catholic country when everyone is trying to go home for Christmas. So our plan is now to take a local bus to the border, hop off, pay some amount of money to cross to Nicaragua, then hop another bus to Granada. It should be WAY cheaper this way and we think we've got it all figured out. But I thought I'd better pack light just in case. So, Warning: in all the pictures of Nicaragua I'll probably be wearing the same shirt :)
If you're worried about safety, don't be. Local buses are perfectly safe, just not quite as comfy as the tourist air-conditioned ones. But I'll let you know when we get there!
Just FYI - the class is now officially DONE! Yup, I did my last presentation and took my last exam for grad school. Weird. I still need to finish up my research paper but that's not due until the end of the year, and it's only 5 pages. Piece o' Cake.
!Pura Vida! (Now that I'm leaving CR I'll have to find another catch phrase)

No comments:
Post a Comment